Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Wicked Witch of the West

This morning, I felt like sleeping in and didn't get out of the house until after 7am.  This opened me up to a whole new crowd.  I guess those that sleep in are a bit on the cranky side.  You would think that the extra sleep would solve some of the drama.

I will share the story via an email chain with one of my commute friends, <<PAL>>.  I have removed the names to protect the guilty ...


An email to my pal ...
On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 8:38 AM, <<WHEEL DESTROYER>> wrote:
OK … I have a mission for you.  I need to identify a couple riders.  A male and female combo, she is in her early to mid 40s, he is mid to high 40s.  She had short blonde hair and a bit of a fuzzy face.  Him brown hair with no facial hair.  Both were wearing <<FANCY>> Jerseys.  He had a <<BIKE CLUB>> shorts/pants on (hence my email to you).  NOTE: MY PAL IS A MEMBER OF THE SAME CLUB  He rode a red <<HIGH END>> road bike.  She had a titanium road frame, looked like Motobecane, but probably fancier.  They passed me on Shady Lane (the first time) and she commuted all the way into the City (she was wearing a backpack).  He peeled off after the GGB and headed south towards the Park (he did not have a backpack on).  My guess is that they started in the San Anselmo/Ross area.  They certainly knew eachother and ride together frequently – by the way they were chatting.  He led most of the way and she rode his wheel.   How’s that for starters?

Her response:
From: <<PAL>>
Date: February 5, 2013, 5:46:23 PM PST
To: <<WHEEL DESTROYER>>
OK so the guy must have been <<PROTECTED>> and the girl <<WITCHY WITCH>> who I think you know from the ferry.  If fact, as I read your email again I'm almost sure it was <<WITCHY WITCH>> on his wheel. I'm surprised you saw them as she usually goes in much later than you do. 



On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 6:28 PM, <<WHEEL DESTROYER>> wrote:
Ding, ding, ding.  I did some Facebook stalking and you nailed <<PROTECTED>> and <<WITCHY WITCH>>.  I knew I could count on you.  I don't think that I have met either of them before, though.  I can tell you, and I'm sure that it was a case of 'someone-woke-up-on-the-wrong-side-of-the-bed', but your pal <<WITCHY WITCH>> was a complete jerk to me this morning on the commute (you are right, by the way, I left way late today, and that it how we crossed paths).  As I mentioned, they passed me on Shady lane.  And we did a little bunny hopping back and forth up to Camino Alto.  Not surprisingly, they schooled me up the hill, but I caught up to them on the bike path in Mill Valley.  Rather than keeping up the passing back and forth, I just settled in on <<WITCHY WITCH>>'s  wheel and enjoyed the pull.  I gave her a 'rider back' and coughed and spit a few times so she would know that I was on her wheel.  I was certain that she knew I was there as she nodded her head a few times, but she made it clear, later, that I was mistaken. When we slowed at a stop sign, she made a point to scream at me with some less than nice stuff.  I had my headphones on so I didn't get the exact message.  Rather than incite her further, I tried to just ride past the two of them.  But she pulled out in front of me, blocking my path, and proceeded to yell a bit more and complain to her riding partner, <<PROTECTED>>.  Trying further to not instigate, I just looked at the guy and apologized again for interrupting their ride.  I apologized the same to her, but she was having none of it.  So I just kept riding on as she yelled at me.  They passed me one last time on Bridgeway and I just decided to ignore them.  I rode more slowly and went on with my day.

If you happen to see her in the near future, you may want to mention to her that she came down on the wrong guy for absolutely the wrong reason (riding her wheel).  Life is too short for me to cause a scene, but she did her damnedest in trying to push my buttons.  You might further relay to her that the biking community in Marin is pretty small.  When she is wearing <<FANCY>> kit and/or a <<CLUB>> kit, she should think twice before acting the fool and potentially embarrassing her 'sponsors'.  Just food for thought.  Long story short, no harm done.  She is lucky that it was me and not one of my less patient buddies.  


On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 7:27 PM, WHEEL DESTROYER wrote:
In rereading my email, I don't want you to misconstrue one phrase.  When I said, "... she messed with the wrong guy ..." what I meant was "... she messed with one of the good guys ...".  I'm not trying to make a threat or a big deal.  But she really made an arse of herself today for no reason.   Ok, enough negativity. Thanks for letting me vent. 


From: <<PAL>>
Date: February 5, 2013, 8:01 PM PST
To: <<WHEEL DESTROYER>>
I see you received your <<WITCHY WITCH>> initiation attack!  You are one of many, my friend.  I have known her for many years, and she has always been this way.  It's sad because she obviously has some "things" to deal with, but I find that I have to keep my distance as far as friendship is concerned because you never know when she will go completely ballistic.  Plus I don't want to deal with all the bullshit.  You should tell this story to <<OTHER PAL>>, she will get a kick out of it.  Not that she would be laughing at you, but because that type of incident is so common with <<WITCHY WITCH>>.


Miss <<WITCHY WITCH>>, careful who you f&*k with ...  You are now about to feel the wrath of the full <<WHEEL DESTROYER>> mafia.

No comments:

Post a Comment